The association “Pedvāle” continues the implementation of the international project “BB” (the Baltics – the Balkans).
In Pedvāle, on 10 October those interested had the opportunity to transfer messages to the stone seed from Jūrkalne, and with the songs perfomed by the Jūrkalne Folk House ethnographic ensemble “Maģie suiti” (“The Little Suits”) the stone seed was set for the long way to the Balkans.
On 23 October, the Jūrkalne stone seed arrived in Montenegro, where, before planting, it was familiarised with the local nature and architecture.
On 28 October, the Jūrkalne stone seed was planted in the square near the Royal Theater of Montenegro – Zetski Dom, in Cetinje town. Cetinje is the historical capital of Montenegro. Originally, Montenegro was an Ottoman vassal state. In 1852, Bishop Danilo II Petrovich-Negos proclaimed himself prince and established the principality of Montenegro. In 1878, in the international Treaty of Berlin, Montenegro was recognized as an independent country. In 1884, the construction of the current theater building was started according to the project of the architect Josip Slade. It was the first cultural building in the independent Montenegro and originally housed a theater, archive, museum, library and reading rooms. The building was inaugurated in 1888 with a staging of “The Balkan Empress”, written by the ruler Danilo II Petrovich-Negos himself.